Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress & will continually update as the date approaches, So mark you calendars, Get your registration in early, & Check back often!!
All evens will take place in the Argand room of the Ramada Inn & Conference Center, 624 James Trimble Blvd., Paintsville, Johnson County, KY
Anyone wishing to spend the night should contact the Ramada Directly by calling: 1-800-951-4242
Mention Group Number: GENE-11 or the Conference when making reservations.
(Clicking a Speaker's Name will take you to a new page with a brief bio)
Friday Sept 14th - Family Connection Night - Get to know each other and compare family notes.
- 5:00 PM - Registration Begins. Connecting, Mingling, & Vendor Browsing.
- 7:00 PM - Walter Bowman, Kentucky Department of Libraries & Archives - Confederate Indigent and Window Pensions 1912 - 1978
Friday Nights are very relaxed & casual with lots of time to mingle, compare lines, and generally get to know one another.
**Refreshments being served Friday Night****Soda is available on site through the restaurant or vending area**
Refreshments are served free of charge and is just one of the many ways that your registration fee helps make this wonderful event possible. Please join us for a lovely relaxed evening of sharing & getting to know one another.
Saturday Sept 15th
- 8:30 AM - Registration & Vendor Browsing
- 9:00 AM - Opening Remarks & Introductions
- 9:30 AM - Cheri Daniels - "Embracing the New Frontier: How Technology is Changing the Way We Climb Our Family Tree"
- 10:30 AM - Break & Vendor Browsing
- 10:45 AM - Jackie Edmondson Couture - "Appalachian Ancestors: From Whence They Came"
- 12:00 Noon - Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 PM - Big Sandy Valley Historical Society Meeting, All are welcome
- 1:30 PM - Sarah Milligan - "The Basics of Oral History Interviewing"
- 3:00 PM - Break & Vendor Browsing
- 3:15 PM - Cindy Peck - "Using DNA to Explore Your Genealogy Research" **Bring you Family Tree DNA Report if you have one**
- 4:15 PM - Brief meeting for Lawrence County Kentucky Genealogical & Historical Society, Inc.
- 5:00 PM - Dinner as a Group, on site at the hotel and catered by the Ramada's Carriage House Restaurant. Dinner is $21.00 per person. Prices include drinks & all taxes and gratuities.
**2012 Menu is still in planning stage**2011 Menu for Dinner, was as follows**Special Recipe Breaded Fish with Hush puppies &Tarter SauceBaked Chicken on a bed of riceCreamy Whipped PotatoesButtered Whole Kernel CornMacaroni with Creamy Cheese SauceStir-fry Veggie BlendFresh Garden SaladJumbo Homemade Yeast Rolls & ButterFresh Garden SaladCoffee, Iced Tea, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Ice Water
- 7:00 PM - Benefit Auction - Please donate an item to the auction which benefits area Historical Societies and other groups who help preserve history. Additionally the auction is open to the general public, so bring/invite a friend!
Sunday Sept 16th
- 9:00 AM - Rise & Shine Breakfast as a group, Catered by the hotel's Carriage House Restaurant. $14.00 per person.
**2012 Menu is still in planning stage****Menu for Breakfast, as follows**Fluffy Scrambled EggsCrisp Bacon & Sausage pattiesFluffy Pancakes with Maple SyrupCountry Style Fried PotatoesHome-style Gravy & BiscuitsJellies & Jams w/ whipped butterFresh Orange Juice & Grapefruit JuiceCoffee, Hot Tea & Milk
- 12:00 Noon - Conference Ends
Copyright 2011 Eastern Kentucky Genealogy Conference. All rights reserved.
Sponsored in part by The Paintsville Tourism Commission